Last updated July 26, 2021
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files which are downloaded to your device when websites are loaded in your browser. They are widely used as they allow websites to recognise their users’ devices and preferences.
Cookies aid in various functions such as allowing you to efficiently navigate between pages, storing your preferences, personalising content, and improving your online user experience.
There are four different categories of cookies which include:
Session and persistent cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that are used during the course of your visit through the Petiboo website, and they expire when you close the web browser; and
- Persistent cookies: these are used to remember your preferences within the Petiboo website and remain on your device even after you close your browser or restart your computer.
First and third-party cookies:
- First-party cookies: these cookies are set and controlled by Petiboo, and not by any external organisation; and
- Third-party cookies: these are cookies set by a third party, other than the website you are visiting. Third parties serve cookies through our website mainly for analytics purposes.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential as they enable the core functionality of the website, allowing you to browse and use all its features. They are usually responsible for the proper operation of the login, filling out of a form and keeping your cookie preferences stored. Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible online experience, improve the performance of the Petiboo website and identify any potential problems. If you configure your browser to block the use of these cookies, the website or certain parts of it will not work.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies enable us to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes regarding how our visitors use the Petiboo website. For example, how many users have visited it and which pages of the site they visit most often. These cookies collect aggregated information in a way that does not directly identify any specific visitor. They are used exclusively to improve the performance of our website.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow the Petiboo website to remember your site preferences and choices you make including your username, currency and region, allowing an enhanced and more personalised user experience. The information collected by these cookies is anonymised and does not track browsing activity across other websites.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies are specifically designed to gather information about you, in order to provide content that best suits you and your interests. They can be used to display personalised ads, as well as to measure the effectiveness of an ad campaign. These cookies identify you with technical data such as your IP address, your browser and your device type.
3. THE COOKIES WE USE AND WHY
|_wpfuuid||Necessary||Registers a unique user ID for each visitor|
|cookies.js||Necessary||Detects whether the user has accepted the cookie consent box|
|wc_cart_hash_#||Necessary||Stores and remembers the items in the users shopping cart|
|Necessary||Stores and remembers the items in the users shopping cart|
|Functional||Determines and stores the users preferred currency|
|Analytical||Registers how the user enters the Petiboo website|
|_ga||Analytical||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the Petiboo Website|
|_gat||Analytical||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate|
|_gid||Analytical||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the Petiboo Website|
|Advertising||Used by Facebook to deliver advertising|
4. DISABLING COOKIES
If you do not wish to accept certain types of cookies, you can do so by changing your browser settings. You can choose to reject new cookies as well as delete cookies that have already been set. Different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers and devices. Please note, however, that if you delete certain cookies or do not accept certain cookies, you might not be able to use all the features of our website.